In addition , the more freedom and room to experiment provided in the learning processes, the higher the fun-factor. Being able to explore and examine the world, provides children with positive experiences and feelings. However, many people were taught by boring teachers (professors, parents) and lost interest in learning. School takes the fun out of learning through statements like: “Don’t draw in the book! Keep still! Don’t do that!” this is counter-productive for natural (brain-friendly) learning. In order to spark interest in others we have to provide brain-friendly information which stimulates both sides of the brain. School and orthodox education has created many lazy minds.
Symptoms of a lazy mind:
• Believing that you have bad memory
• Not being able to read efficiently
• Concentration deficit and aversion to studying , make learning difficult
• Information retention is exhausting and trying, due to inefficient use of the brain
• The lazy mind feels weary and believes others are more intellectual when actually they just use their minds more efficiently.
“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”
Read more at the book "Unleash the Secret of Education and learn how to raise a happy child" by Hans-Peter Becker.